EPCOR CENTRE: Arts Learning Programmer
- Posted by epcor on January 10th, 2012
EPCOR CENTRE for the Performing Arts is a not-for-profit charitable organization that welcomes over 600,000 Calgarians annually into our facility. The mission of EPCOR CENTRE is to ignite imagination, co-create meaningful experiences of excellence with our internal and external communities, support artists and celebrate the artistic expression of everybody. We are interested in like-minded individuals who will help us achieve our goals.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, innovative and inclusive team player to fill the position of Arts Learning Programmer for a fourteen (14) month maternity leave contract. The Arts Learning Programmer is part of a team that values creativity, engagement, quality programming and supports art and artists while ensuring program sustainability. The position plans and supports current arts education opportunities for students, teachers, school systems and the public with efficient and effective administration to ensure success and growth of programs in support of our mandate.
Reporting to the Director of Programming, the Arts Learning Programmer provides support to schools, staff and management teams. Working directly with the Programming team, consultants and teachers the Arts Learning Programmer’s duties include:
• Successful planning and implementation of Arts Learning programs and related events offered by EPCOR CENTRE
• Working with Marketing & Communications to advance program promotion and sales
• Working with Fund Development to assist with sponsor and grant fulfillment and reporting
• Working with Finance to ensure timely invoicing of programs
• Ensuring adherence to budgeted revenue and expense targets including monthly reviews of budget reports
• Communicating internally with all departments regarding Arts Learning events and requirements
• Coordinating and completing all registrations, paperwork, class supplies, invoicing and post event information
• Identifying, coordinating and acting as primary contact for class instructors/artists to lead programs, coordinating all aspects of their contracts
• Acting as an ambassador of EPCOR CENTRE Arts Learning initiatives, including public programs
• Tracking and reporting department targets and statistics while ensuring deliverables are achieved
• Developing and executing existing programs and assisting in the development of new programs and department opportunities
• Creating internship, practicum and volunteer opportunities within the department
• Working with Director of Programming to prepare annual department planning and budgeting
The successful candidate will have 3-5 years experience in arts education and/or arts administration and a university degree or college diploma, preferably in a related field. He or she will have highly developed organizational, administrative and communication skills, be outgoing and flexible in nature and the ability to pay attention to detail. Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel) is required. Established contacts in educational systems and related Arts Learning community resources are preferred.
This position has a 40-hour work week; some evening and weekend work may be required. A competitive compensation package, including extended health benefits, is offered.
To apply, please forward your resume in confidence to:
EPCOR CENTRE for the Performing Arts
205 - 8th Ave SE Calgary, Alberta T2G 0K9
Deadline for all applications: January 27, 2012
Please state the position you are applying for. No phone calls please. We thank all interested applicants in advance, but will only be contacting those selected for an interview.