Marketing Manager - Calgary International Children's Festival
- Posted by newuser on December 21st, 2011
Marketing Manager required:
The Calgary International Children’s Festival is a performing arts festival for young audiences; a spirited community celebration of creativity designed to inspire, delight and surprise. The Festival connects us all through story; stories that engage us, spur discussion and invite interactions. It’s about sharing FUN, in the heart of Calgary – Won’t you join us?
In its 26th year, the Calgary International Children’s Festival is seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual for the position of Marketing Manager
The successful applicant will have
- A passion and respect for Theatre for Young Audiences and the performing arts
- A strong network in their community; someone who loves to create new connections and to strengthen existing community partnerships
- Desire to work and engage with Festival Staff, Board, Volunteers and other key stakeholders in a team environment
- Software skills in Adobe: Photoshop, Illustrator; MSOffice: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong understanding and ability to connect with social media audience.
- A degree, preferably in Marketing/Communications with two or more years of experience in a similar role.
Specifically, the Marketing Manager will strive for the continued success of the Festival and will:
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with local and regional
media to ensure maximum media coverage.
- Act as Festival liaison to the media and public in communicating Festival messaging through editorial and other non-paid creative including news releases, social media, videos, website, and e-newsletters.
- Write copy for Festival promotional materials including brochures and website content.
- Develop and implement an integrated marketing plan that aligns with the Festival mission statement and the strategic plan.
- Negotiate, purchase and oversee all print and online advertising.
- Manage independent contractors to create communication tools including the design of website and the Festival’s annual marketing campaign.
- Ensure that the Festival website is effective, interactive, current and focused on users' needs.
- Develop target marketing initiatives and promotions with relevant community partners.
- Oversee targeted distribution of the Festival brochures and promotional materials.
- Manage Festival social media: Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, blogs
The successful applicant should be highly organized, self-motivated, with a strong ability to meet deadlines; have strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills and be able to multi-task.
Applications will be accepted until Monday January 16, 2012 or until the position is filled. Early submissions of applications are encouraged. Applications will be accepted by email only. Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading: Marketing Manager 2012. Salary is commensurate with experience. No phone calls please. The Calgary International Children’s Festival thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information about the Festival please visit www.calgarychildfest.org