National Music Centre: Public Programs Coordinator
- Posted by NMC Chad on August 7th, 2012
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Programs, and working closely with a team, the Public Programs Coordinator helps create and foster mutually rewarding program-related relationships that further the National Music Centre’s objective of amplifying the love, sharing and understanding of music. This is to be achieved through the development, implementation, monitoring and assessment of a variety of primarily public programs and partnerships.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Working with the programming team to develop programs that serve the organizational goals and values of NMC.
• Fostering and building relationships with a variety of partners and stakeholders.
• Implementing, tracking and assessing assigned NMC public programs and special projects as they arise.
• Developing budgets and managing assigned public programs.
• Monitoring attendance and revenue for assigned public programs.
• Working with strategic partners to implement current agreements and to seek opportunities to increase the extent or quality of these partnerships
• Contracting musicians for performances, coordinating tech needs, booking accommodation and transport.
• Working closely with the marketing team in maintaining the Event Calendar and providing information for promotional purposes.
• Working closely with the Event Coordinator in booking venue spaces for key festival and performance related partnerships.
• Leading a team of part-time staff and volunteers.
• Planning and organizing programming systems for use now and for the new NMC building
• A strong leader with exceptional customer service, inter-personal and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated relationships and knowledge of the arts community.
• Demonstrated experience and success in key areas: Stakeholder Engagement and Relationships, Building Community Capacity, Planning and Implementation.
• Ability to plan and coordinate community collaboration effectively, including special projects, events, gallery tours, and guest artist performances.
• Enthusiastic and self-motivated, able to work well independently and be quick to take initiative.
• Organized, adaptable, curious, creative, a self-starter and willing to learn new skills.
• Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy; able to multitask and manage time wisely.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications - particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint in a Mac environment.
• A collaborative spirit with an enthusiasm for working with interdisciplinary teams on a variety of projects.
• Experience in staff management and leading a team.
• A passion for music, musical knowledge/skills are assets.
• Experience with writing performance contracts and knowledge of copyright and music licensing are assets.
• Senior Manager, Programs
• President and CEO
• Event Coordinator and a team of event hosts and volunteers
• Education Programs Officer and education team
• Operations Manager
• All NMC staff
• Consultants, contractors, event and production teams who may be engaged from time to time
Education and Experience
Two to five years of experience in an arts programming or related role. Post secondary degree in the arts and bilingualism are assets.
If you’re a music lover who is innovative, inclusive, supportive, focused, catalyzing, genuine, and you love to work with disciplined spontaneity, please apply by August 31 to:
National Music Centre
Candace Elder, Senior Manager, Programs
134 – 11 Avenue SE Calgary, AB T2G 0X5
or email resume to email@example.com
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE