WordFest: Box Office Manager
- Posted by mkapusta@wordfe... on August 7th, 2012
WordFest is seeking a Box Office Manager to manage in-house ticket sales and box office operations for a seasonal contract position starting in August. This position requires organization, flexibility, excellent communication skills and experience running box office operations.
• Working with the Marketing Manager to provide information and training for staff and volunteers (applicable discounts, taking orders via phone, etc) and coordinating advance sales and Festival week procedures with the Banff Centre Box Office staff.
• Running daily Tessitura reports and supplying them to the Marketing Manager.
• Processing and maintaining an accurate reconciliation of all ticket sales
• Keeping accurate and comprehensive records of all sales and deposits.
• Maintaining accurate ticket buyer data within the Tessitura system
• Consulting with the Marketing Manager on media and promotional ticket giveaways.
• Tracking and implementing sponsor benefit ticket packages in consultation with and under the direction of the Director and Development personnel.
• Ensuring that adequate ticket inventory is kept on hand and communicating updates and needs to Tessitura/EPCOR and the Banff Centre Box Office
• Hire and manage a Box Office Assistant for Festival Week (October 9-14)
• Coordination of front of house box office with the Volunteer Manager and/or Box Office Assistant and advance preparation of all on-site box office floats and daily cash and ticket reconciliations from the various venues.
• Preparing a final Box Office report for all WordFest events
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Organization and Flexibility required
• Experience in Box Office: advance and door ticket sales, reconciliation and reporting
• Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Knowledge of Tessitura Ticketing Software an asset
Rate of pay and schedule to be negotiated based on skills and experience.
Supervision: This position is under the direct supervision of the Marketing Manager.
Commencement date: Immediately
Submit applications by August 15, 2012 in PDF format via email to Mary Kapusta, Marketing Manager at email@example.com. Only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
WordFest: Banff-Calgary International Writers Festival is a small, but dynamic organization that triples its staff leading up to October. The 17th Annual WordFest will take place October 9-14, 2012 and will bring over 70 writers from around the world in contact with over 14,000 readers. WordFest is an equal opportunity employer.
|WordFest Box Office Manager Posting.pdf||111.03 KB|